Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I like to RUN.....................

I never thought that I would really like to run, but I do and I am totally
addicted! So here is the recap of my first races:


My first race was the Race for the Cure....not really a real race but it was such a great experience. We had a great time and its pretty safe to say I want to make it a traditon. I did it with Allison, Jessica and her kiddos, they lost their mother and Grandma to breast cancer and I was honored they invited me to come. We had a great time, but it was definantly a day filled with emotion, reading the shirts and signs of the people walking with us just humbled me. It is such a great cause and I can't wait to do it again.


Ok so there is a reason we both look blinded by the light...it was 3:30 AM, niether of us slept a wink and I was totally running on adrenaline. The Utah Valley Half Marathon was my first real race. We loaded the buses at 3:30 and drove up the canyon to the starting point. When we got up to the top I realized my first mistake I didn't take any Ibuprophen, which is a total staple when I run since I have bursitus and it tends to flare up, so after asking a nice lady we found some and moved onto the starting line, once there I took my GU...mistake number 2, don't take GU with caffiene if you haven't taken it before. It totally made me sick. I was so nauses as soon as we hit the 1st mile marker. Ahhh all of my training and I felt like all I wanted to do was barf. Anyway I am still not sure weither it was the GU or the after math of the stomah flu I had the week prior but I finished. My goal was to finish in under 2:20 we had to make a couple bathroom breaks, but after all was said and done we finished in 2:24 (I think). I really couldn't have done it without Allison, she kept me going and stopped with me on all of my potty breaks...lol, I have had 4 kids remember, my bladder isn't what it used to be :)

No comments: