Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Grandpa


My Grandpa was a great man! I have so many fond memories of him. When I found out he passed away on Tuesday night I was so sad, only for my own selfish reasons of always wanting to have him around. When I found out how he passed away, knowing that he had spent a fun filled night with family I some how am at peace with losing him, I wouldn't have wanted it to happen any other way. My grandpa baked the BEST chocolate chip cookies...whenever we were coming over he would have a batch ready for us, he was patient, kind and gentle. I remember him hunting, playing and doing what he did best which was watching golf! I always knew that he loved me and I know that he knew how much I loved him. I will always wish I could have seen him one last time but I know that someday we will be reunited again. Grandpa thanks for being the best, I love you!

3 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. May you find comfort in the Gospel plan & the love of forever families. Sending hugs...

Brian & Erin said...

Laurin,

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. He's sounds like he was a great man and grandpa. Let me know if you need anything.

Erin

angie said...

So sweet Laurin!! I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing that!! What a wonderful man!!