Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Kitchen Project




Since the day I moved into my house I have HATED and I mean HATED my kitchen. With red walls and the white formica counter tops there wasn't much to love. So as a Christmas present to each other we decided to put our money towards fixing the kitchen. I have to say I love it! My parents came over to help and teach us how to properly install tile counter tops. I love the way they turned out. The week prior I painted the kitchen from blood red(that took two coats of primer to cover, oh how I hated the previous owner by the time I was finished) to a vibrant green with an accent wall a couple shades darker... I love it! Thanks to my parents and especially Adam for all of his hard work, he literally worked straight for 3 days to get it done.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks gorgeous! I'm so impressed.

Anderton Family said...

Laurin, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! That looks so good. What a great Christmas present. That's my favorite kind of thing to get. It last all year long.

Brian & Erin said...

Looks really good. I wish Brian & I were that motivated to fix our house. Guess I am stuck with boring white walls forever...
Is the Spam a pregnancy craving or is it really that good?

The Millers said...

It looks beautiful! Do you have any befores?

The McGraths said...

It looks fabulous!!! Great job!!!