Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby Madi

Our newest addition to our family was born at 5:12 PM on Tuesday June 8th. We named her Madilyn Venita Smith and she is as cute as can be, she weighed in at 5lbs 4 oz. I know everyone wants pictures but I didn't bring my cord to download pictures so I promise I will post some soon. She was having a hard time breathing which was to be expected, so she was taken to the NICU and has been there recovering from her day of being on the ventilator. I finally got to hold her yesterday and it was worth the wait. The kids came on Wednesday and they all got to hold her it was awesome, they were so excited to see her and they can't wait until she comes home. Bradley was so sad when we told him that we had chosen a name for her other than Tinkerbell, maybe he can call her that for a little while. We are so excited to have her little spirit around and we can't wait to take her home. Right now it is looking like we will get to take her home mid next week. I was so excited to hear that the hospital offers hotel stay which means we can stay in our room and sleep at the hospital as long as she is in the NICU, I couldn't imagine leaving her right now and feel so blessed that this is an option for us. I promise to post pictures in the next couple days.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations! I'm glad the hospital is taking good care of both of you, and that Madilyn will get to come home soon!

bobandhaley said...

We can't wait to see pictures and to meet her in August!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Congratulations! We will be sending prayers that all continues to go well & you can all celebrate at HOME soon! :) Hugs...

The Millers said...

I am excited to see pictures! I will keep you guys in our thoughts/prayers and hope everything continues to go well.