Friday, January 2, 2009

Are you smarter than a christmas tree?

Oh my gosh after thinking what a great job I did getting our new "fake" Christmas tree at 75% off I couldn't just take it home and wait until next year to set it up. So on December 30Th I set my tree up and fluffed the heck out of it. I am really proud of myself for setting it up, it was so easy. Okay so for the take down part, not so easy.... I swear after I wrangled it down the stairs with the bottom two pieces still together I just wanted to throw it in the garbage. I then tried for almost an hour to get the pieces apart and in the mean time my hand are scraped and currently still hurting. Finally after and hour and a half my tree was back in it's box. If I only would have known what a pain in the a** it was going to be I probably would have been fine waiting until next year to set the darn thing up. By the way this post is written purely out of frustration.

1 comment:

Betty Heath said...

Hey, I identify with you. I did that for so many years while the kids were home to help. But now, I just leave the lights and ornaments on the tree, and put a bag over it and take it out to the shed. The next Christmas, I go get it, mess with it for 10 minutes, and there it is...decorated and everything. Try it. Life is better!