Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fishing for Crawdads

Of course one of my favorite nights at Flaming Gorge is when we get Huckleberry ice cream and go crawdad fishing. Even though I opted for double fudge brownie ice cream instead of huckleberry it was still a great night. We wait until it gets dark tie some chicken drumsticks to a string and we start catching them. Last year we cooked them but this year we camped and I wasn't about to set up a whole crawdad eating production. It really is pathetic how much fun I have doing this!

Getting the kids all sugared up for fishing


Disclaimer: I was camping and the bathrooms didn't have mirrors, thats why my hair is so cute!


Grandpa Smith was trying to intimidate the crawdads so they would just jump in the bucket! LOL

1 comment:

bobandhaley said...

We are so sad we missed Flaming Gorge this year. I think this is the first time I have ever missed :( Crawdad fishing is my favorite thing to do up there too. I am jealous. We miss you guys. We should Skype soon.