Friday, February 25, 2011

Running

Okay, so maybe this is a little crazy but I have signed up to do my 1st 1/2 marathon in June...when I think about it June it seems like a long time, then I look at the training schedule and I think oh man I am not going to be able to run that far in this short amount of time. So here is to hope....that I will find the time, and keep up with the training schedule. I have always wanted to run a marathon so I am grateful to have Allison who is willing to help me get there. She is awesome, really and WAY to nice, I really need her to kick my butt and tell me to keep going.




As for investing in my first real pair of running shoes..........ta da! I don't love the way they look, in fact they were my least favorite in the looks department (the picture is cuter than real life), but they fit like a dream and I am excited to start training in them.
Funny Bradley moment: At the store I went to they analyze your run to help you find the best shoe, anyway, after I ran for a couple seconds on the treadmill Bradley says, whoa mom I'm weally proud of you I didn't know you knew how to run on one of those fings.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you go girl! I did my first half-marathon this past October and it was an awesome experience! The main thing that kept me motivated was knowing the race was in Leavenworth, WA, one of my mission areas and sooo beautiful, up in the mountains. Where is your race? I've signed up for 3 of the big relays this year but no half-marathon yet. I've posted a few times about running on my blog-- you might enjoy them. :) Keep us "posted" on your progress! Aren't new shoes the best?

Taylor's said...

You will do amazing!

Betty Heath said...

Laurin, is that you? A runner? If Jerry can do it, you can. I know you will be great!! Get running!